Northwoods Connect Terms of Service
By establishing an account or using the Services of Northwoods Connect, you (the Customer) agree to be bound by this Agreement and to use the Service in compliance with this Agreement. Northwoods Connect is a DBA and/or Subsidiary of Northwoods Communication Technologies, LLC.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to Customers subscribing to Northwoods Connect Internet Service.
1. Billing. Monthly charges for Wireless Internet Service provided under this agreement are charged on the credit or debit card provided during signup. Charges are in advance of the term in which the Wireless Service is provided. Customer's Service may be interrupted or terminated at Provider's discretion if payment is not received on the due date.
2. Equipment. All equipment, modems, subscriber modules, antennas and standard mounting equipment rented or leased by Northwoods Connect will remain the property of Northwoods Connect. Customer may not sell, transfer, lease, or assign all or part of the equipment to any person or third party. Customer shall be responsible for all costs, including but not limited to the current retail value of equipment, associated with the replacement or repair of any equipment or damages caused as a result of abuse, neglect, or tampering by the Customer. On expiration or termination of this Agreement, Customer authorizes Northwoods Connect to retrieve equipment that is owned by Northwoods Connect from Customer’s premises.
3. Installation Fee. An installation fee is required to install equipment at Customer premises. If Northwoods Connect is unable to provide service to your location, the installation fee will not be charged.
4. Service Limitations. The Service may not be available at any or all times in all areas. Even within coverage areas, and for a variety of reasons that may be beyond Northwoods Connect's control, service availability, quality, signal strength, and network speeds may vary. To provide the best possible service to its customers, Northwoods Connect periodically performs maintenance on its network. In some cases, this may require Northwoods Connect to conduct either a planned or unplanned interruption of the Service. Northwoods Connect will use reasonable efforts to schedule maintenance outages in a way that minimizes the impact on customers, but Northwoods Connect cannot guarantee that your Service will not be interrupted and cannot always give advance notice of such outages. You acknowledge and agree that Northwoods Connect shall not be responsible for any losses or damages (of any kind) that may be suffered by you as a result of any Service interruptions due to maintenance outages.
5. Service Charge. Northwoods Connect is happy to help with customer support issues, however, if a problem arises from the customer's own equipment (printers, devices, store bought wifi routers, etc) not related to Northwoods Connect equipment and a visit is required, then Northwoods Connect retains the right to bill a reasonable service charge. Further, if a customer needs an antenna removed or moved for maintenance or re-roofing, a pre-disclosed and reasonable service charge will be applied to customer's account.
6. Customer Premises. Northwoods Connect may (with Customer’s permission) enter into and over Customer’s premises periodically during the term of this agreement to install, connect, inspect, maintain, or repair the Equipment. In the event Customer is not the owner of the premises upon which the Equipment is installed, Customer warrants to Northwoods Connect he/she has obtained the consent of the owner to perform the installation and maintenance contemplated by this Agreement. If the Customer is not the owner of such premises, Customer agrees to indemnify and hold Northwoods Connect harmless from and against any claims of the owner of the premises arising out of the performance of this Agreement, including but not limited to the operation, installation, connection, inspection, modi¬fication, maintenance or repair of the Equipment.
7. Limitation of Liability. All services are provided on an “as is, as available” basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event will Northwoods Connect be liable to Customer for any alleged lost profits, lost savings, or any other direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind, arising out Customer’s use or inability to use services provided hereunder, even if provider is advised in advance of the possibility of any such damages, as any and all liability is hereby expressly renounced. If Northwoods Connect equipment installed at Customer location is damaged due to an Act of God (lightning, etc) or if the Northwoods Connect equipment fails, Northwoods Connect will be responsible for replacing the equipment. If Customer-owned property is damaged by an Act of God or through customer's misuse, Northwoods Connect is not liable. Customer equipment and property is the sole responsibility of the Customer.
8. Inappropriate Use. Northwoods Connect services shall not be used in connection with any criminal or civil violation of any applicable local, state, provincial, federal, national or international law, treaty, court order, ordinance, regulation or administrative rule. Fraudulent or illegal behavior is strictly prohibited, will result in deactivation, and may also be referred to the appropriate criminal authorities for prosecution. If a third party sues Northwoods Connect based upon Customer’s use of the Services, Customer will hold harmless and reimburse Northwoods Connect for any losses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by Northwoods Connect. Any use of the system that disrupts the normal use of the system for other Subscribers is considered to be abuse of services. The propagation of computer worms or viruses or the use of the network to make unauthorized entry to their computational, information, or communication devices or resources of others is a violation of this agreement. Any Subscriber deemed by Northwoods Connect to be in violation of this section is subject to immediate termination by Northwoods Connect. Termination under this section shall have no liability other than to refund any unearned prepaid service fees including direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages. This service is not allowed to be used to host web services such as Internet Domains and POP e-mail servers. It may not be used to rebroadcast, relay to other locations or be shared outside of the immediate residence or business location unless set up by Northwoods Connect. Any modification of installation by customer is grounds for termination of service. Any service which puts undue load on the bandwidth causing adverse affects of other customers will cause termination of connection as deemed necessary by Northwoods Connect, until such provision can be made to increase bandwidth and adjust fee for such service.
9. Service Credits. Although we intend to maintain service at all times, Customer has the right to be credited if (through Northwoods Connect’s negligence) they lose service for more than 24 hours. In such a case, we will credit you 1/30 of the monthly base charge for each 24 hour period from the time of notice of interruption until the service restoration. The 24 hours must be continuous. To receive credit, you must notify Northwoods Connect that your service is not working. You will not get credit for problems in the Service caused by Customer’s or other’s negligence or willful act or for problems caused by weather or disaster-like situations. Neither the Customer or Northwoods Connect is liable for any delay or failure in performance of any part of this agreement caused by any force majeure event even beyond your, or our, control and without your, or our, fault or negligence. These events include, but are not limited to: acts of civil or military authority, terrorist acts, government regulations, strikes, embargoes, insurrections, extended power blackouts, natural disasters, epidemics, fires, severe weather conditions, environmental disturbances, explosions, legal and/or regulatory constraints.
10. Termination. If Customer wishes to cancel service and terminate this agreement before it expires, Customer must provide notice of cancellation or unsubscribe via the link given upon successful sign-up. Because service is prepaid one month ahead of time, there will be no pro-rated credit given if Customer cancels right after the start of the next billing cycle. Upon cancellation, Customer will allow Northwoods Connect employees or contractors to access the premises to remove the Equipment.